- Resuming ADF full-time service (former contributors) factsheet [PDF: 109 KB]
- Resuming ADF full-time service (pension recipients and deferred members) factsheet [PDF: 195 KB]
- Election for former DFRDB members resuming ADF full-time service form [PDF: 723 KB]
- DFRDB Book [PDF: 2 MB]
- MilitarySuper website
Please elect before re-entry if you wish to join MilitarySuper. If you choose not to join MilitarySuper, you continue to receive your DFRDB pension but cannot re-join DFRDB as a contributing member. You accrue a productivity benefit but do not receive invalidity cover. Deferred benefit members automatically join MilitarySuper.
You must make an election before each re-entry. If you do not, you will automatically join MilitarySuper which will be final and irreversible for all your future engagements.
Elections are not required for engagement extensions, unless:
- there is a break in your service
- your reserve engagement extends beyond 12 months, or
- you change to the permanent forces.
Please elect before re-entry if you wish to join MilitarySuper or re-join DFRDB as a contributing member. You must pay super contributions for your elected scheme and your DFRDB pension will not be paid during your ADF engagement.
After discharge, your pension will be recalculated (for Consumer Price Index movements) and recommence.
You must make an election before each re-entry. If you do not, you will automatically join MilitarySuper which will be final and irreversible for all future engagements.
If you choose DFRDB, your election will apply to all subsequent ADF re-entries of the same nature – that is, in the reserves for 12 months or more, or in the permanent forces. If you re-enter the reserves for less than 12 months, you must make another election.