- Death benefit in service quick guide [JPG 127 KB]
- Death benefit after retirement quick guide [JPG 101 KB]
- Application for DFRDB spouse, child/student or student pension (including MilitarySuper ancillary benefit) form [PDF 1 MB]
- Application for estate benefit form [PDF 1 MB]
- Spouse of a deceased pensioner [PDF 944 KB]
- Child of a deceased pensioner [PDF 1 MB]
- Review of student pension [PDF 367 KB]
- Dependant’s benefits factsheet [PDF 210 KB]
- DFRDB Book [PDF 2 MB]
Your DFRDB scheme not only provides you a retirement benefit, but also guarantees your eligible dependants or estate a benefit if you die. Eligibility criterion is set out in the DFRDB Act. Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (trustee of DFRDB) determines if dependants satisfy criteria and therefore qualify for a benefit payment.
Please tell your dependants a DFRDB benefit can be paid in the event of your death.
Notify us of member death
- name of deceased
- their reference number
- their date of birth
- your name and relationship to the deceased
- contact details of estate executor
- details of any possible dependants, including spouse and children.
Surviving spouse or children
Benefit application forms are outlined below. Please also provide:
- marriage certificate
- death certificate
- tax file number of claimant
- new bank account details
- certified proof of identity documentation for claimant/s.
A benefit estimate cannot be provided until eligibility has been determined.