View or download your benefit application form for:
Separate forms exist for members and associates. Associates are people who have an entitlement to a DFRDB benefit due to a family law split arrangement.
Please ensure you complete the correct form for the type of benefit you wish to claim – otherwise payment of your benefit may be delayed.
Benefit forms are also available from your Pay Unit.
Alternatively to withdrawing your benefit, you can preserve it in DFRDB.
When must I complete my application?
In the period three months before to three months after your discharge or retirement date. We cannot accept your application before or after this period.
What is the normal processing time?
- 8-10 working days for lump sum payments (after the later of your discharge or retirement date and receipt of your application form)
- 3 weeks for pensions
- Payment can only be made to an account in Australia
- Your account must be in your name (it may be a joint account)
- Pension paydays are the alternate Thursday to Defence paydays
- Pension deductions are limited to tax, Medicare and child support
- Your first pension increase is pro-rata for the number of months you have received your pension. If you retire and take all or part of your employer benefit as a pension or claim your preserved benefit as a pension, please note you will receive one sixth of your next CPI increase if you retire, or claim your preserved benefit as a pension, on or before 14 February or on or before the 15th day of any other month.