You are a re-entrant if you are:
- returning to the ADF in the permanent forces or reserves
- changing from inactive reserves to active reserves or to permanent forces
- extending or continuing an existing engagement.
Re-entry means your first day of service in the ADF.
Your scheme election
You must lodge your scheme election before re-entry. If you do not, you will automatically join MilitarySuper. In this case, your membership of MilitarySuper is final and irreversible for your re-engagement and all future full-time ADF engagements.
Please use our Election for former DFRDB members resuming ADF full-time service form [PDF 962 KB] if you intend to re-enter the ADF (including the reserves) on continuous full-time service (CFTS) and are a former DFRDB member who:
- receives retirement pay
- receives invalidity pay, or
- has a deferred benefit which you have not claimed.